- What is Vitamin ?
- What are the characteristics of YAYA Vitamins ?
- How most Vitamins supplied ?
- What are the classifications of Vitamins
- What is Vitamin E
- What is Vitamin A
- What is Vitamin B6 ?
- What is Vitamin B12
- What is Vitamin C?
- What is Vitamin D?
- What is Calcium
- What is Folic Acid?
- What is Biotin?
- What is Omega 3
Vitamin is an organic substance, which is essential for normal metabolism and is required in very small amount.
– Delicious fruit flavors made with natural real fruit juices and natural sugar.
– Chewable Gummy, animal shapes
– 60 chewable gummies for 1 month supply
– Can be given for children from 2 years and
– Made in Canada
– Gelatin free
– Gluten free, nuts, peanuts, eggs, milk &preservatives
Most vitamins cannot be synthesized in the body and be supplied in the diet.
- Fat-soluble (A, D, E, K) are stored in the body and are toxic in excess amounts.
- Water-soluble (B complex, C) cannot be stored in the body, so are required daily.
- Vitamin E acts as a lipid antioxidant and appears to protect cell membranes from damage and ageing.
- It helps in enhancing the activity of vitamin A.
- It plays a role in the synthesis of prostaglandin’s, hormone-like substance.
- Sources of vitamin E are seed oils, fruits, vegetables & animal fats.
- Vitamin A is necessary for growth and development of skeletal and soft tissues, maintenance of surface tissues, and plays an essential role in the way eye perceive light
- Beta-carotene is a precursor of vitamin A, and found in dark green vegetable, orange and yellow fruits.
- Deficiency in vitamin A in the diet of children causes impaired growth, xerophtalmia (dry eye) and night blindness.
- Infants need a minimum of 400 mcg of retinol per day
- Vitamin B6 acts as a co-enzyme for a number of important reaction mostly involving nitrogen & fat metabolism, red cell formation, the nervous system, and health of skin.
- Vitamin B6 is found in yeast, wheat, liver, whole grain, cereals, banana, and potato.
- Vitamin B6 deficiency results in anemia, vomiting, diarrhea, failure to thrive, etc…
- Vitamin B12 has a function in protein and carbohydrates metabolism and plays a role in red cell formation.
- Vitamin B12 is only found in animal food.
- Vitamin B12 deficiency results in megaloblastic anemia, and nervous disorder.
Vitamin C is required for the formation of the connective tissues, the intracellular material, also plays a role in wound healing, and maintaining resistant for infections, aids in iron absorption.
Improves immunity defenses against common infections- such as, cold, flu & cough. Enhances Iron absorption
- Vitamin C is found in vegetable, and fruit.
Vitamin D is essential for the absorption of calcium from the small intestine and calcium deposition in the skeletal matrix.
In addition to being found in food, the body also synthesizes the vitamin by the action of sunlight on the skin.
Deficiency in calcium is usually concurrent with deficiency of vitamin D , causing Rickets in children, which includes skeletal deformities with bone pain, muscle weakness, failure to grow, hypocalcaemia, & hypophosphataemia
- Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body, making up 1.5 – 2 % of total body weight.
- Calcium is essential for blood clotting and is involved in the transmission of nervous impulses to the muscle fibers.
- Calcium participates in many enzymatic activities.
- Calcium absorption depends on vitamin D.
- Folic acid is required for the synthesis of nucleoproteins and red blood cell.
- Deficiency in infants causes, failure to thrive, weakness, anorexia, and delayed brain development.
- Pregnant women are considered at high risk of folic acid deficiency, therefore it becomes a practice to give folic acid supplementation to reduce the risk of neural tube defect of the fetus.
- It presents in green leafy vegetable, and liver.
- Biotin has a co-enzyme function in fat and carbohydrates metabolism, and it is synthesized by intestinal bacteria.
- Vitamin is found in kidney, liver, some vegetable, and fruit.
-New concept in Brain Development
-Improve visual/cognitive acuity.
-Combat ADHD, Alzheimer & Depression diseases.
-Ensure adequate Omega 3 (DHA) storage.